Saturday, October 29, 2011

So Which Party Was Jesus For, Again?

So Which Party Was Jesus For, Again?: "Every so often I will notice an unusual number of politicians showing up in our church services. It’s kind of like an annual revival, except that it only happens in the months leading up to November in an election year. Some want to use it as a photo opportunity. (One year a candidate brought some things to donate to our Dream Center and made sure that he and I were photographed together in the process.) Others are looking to be formally introduced to the congregation. (I don’t do that. I’ll explain why in just a minute.) A few are sincere about learning about our worship community. All are looking for votes. That’s okay. I understand the process and I’m grateful to live in a country where we have that privilege."

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment